Website Pro Rodeo Cowboy Association
Responsible for the organization, content, and production of (7) seven annual publications from conception through distribution. Works independently with minimal supervision in a work environment of multiple and conflicting priorities.
· Contract Personnel Directory: Duties include procuring best printer bid; coordinating photos, designing, requesting, and cleaning member data, proofing and distributing
· Wrangler NFR Program: Duties include working with Las Vegas Events on theme, graphic elements, and ad placement. Working with designer on layout and design. Working with photo coordinator to procure and modify text and photos for program format. Writing, cutting, and assigning stories as needed. Producing leadership letters and working with leaders on finalization. Organizing proofs.
· Souvenir ProRodeo Program: Duties include planning content; working with designer on layout and design; working with photo coordinator on photo selection; selecting, writing, and editing content; organizing proofs; overseeing production; coordinating orders and proof covers; tracking shipments and reaching out to committees to improve sales; coordinating Option 3s.
· Media Guide: Duties include updating content continuously throughout year; maintaining inventory control; obtaining printer bids; assigning and editing stories; assigning photos; soliciting contract personnel updates and maintaining their bios; working with designer(s); organizing proofs and proofing copy; overseeing production and distribution.
· NFSR Program: Duties include selecting best printer bid; coordinating photos and design, putting together bios, interviewing contract personnel, assigning, and editing stories, coordinating distribution.
· Annual Report: Duties include procuring best printer bid; coordinating photos and design, working with department leads on updating numbers and content, updating PRCA graphs, writing leadership letter, working with CEO on finalization, working with CFO on financial report and overseeing production and distribution.
· Committee Guide: Duties include coordinating photos and design, working with department leads to update content; proofing pages and print in-house; distributing to committees per request and at the annual CP Tradeshow.
· Accurately writes, edits and proofs stories as assigned for Pro Rodeo Sports News and website.
· Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Minimum of 5 years related experience. Additional training may be considered in lieu of some of the required experience.
Strong working knowledge of printing, publishing and/or graphics arts procedures and related computer software and electronic communications tools.
Strong editorial, grammatical, writing skills and techniques.
Ability to gather, write, and edit articles.
Experience in both print and digital journalism.
Ability to develop fresh angles, exclusive content and innovative approaches to storytelling that draw in readers and contribute to high-impact journalism goals.
Ability to pivot between editing, writing, and rewriting as needed.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common financial documents. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios.
Ability to work in fast paced environment with competing priorities.
Excellent customer service skills and the ability to conduct oneself with a high level of professionalism.
Ability to maintain technical skills and industry knowledge.
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Works in office environment and occasionally travels for sponsor meetings and conventions out of state. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Requires the ability to enter text or data into a computer or other machine by means of a traditional keyboard. Regularly required to sit, talk, hear, walk, and stand. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PRCA is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. The company prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.