Website Pro Rodeo Cowboy Association
Job Title: Information Systems Manager Supervisor: CTO
Company: PRCA Department: Information Technology
FLSA Status: Exempt Date: 03/24/2023
Annual Salary Range: $93,720 to $117,150 DOQ
Onsite Position – not a remote or hybrid position
This position is responsible for leading, coaching, and growing our PRCA information systems team. The team includes in-house developers and contractors. We are in an exciting time at the PRCA maturing our IT service management, aligning our IT systems to better meet business needs, and modernizing our information systems. Leading at a time such as this is not for everyone, if you are an enthusiastic learner, leader, systems thinker, and change agent, then you may be a fit. This position will work with their team, IT leadership, and organizational leaders to serve our professional athletes, rodeos, and other members through day-to-day operations and working towards our future state. .
• Ensure the smooth day-to-day operations of our information systems including system availability, data accuracy, and systems integrations.
• Responsible for planning, designing, and developing Web and Desktop applications, using Microsoft .NET and other Microsoft technologies in support of assigned projects and strategic initiatives.
• Cross-functional collaboration to align information systems services with business needs.
• Analyze and assess existing information systems and procedures – make recommendations for improvements and/or simplifications.
• Manage the development and deployment of new applications, systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
• Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
• Collaborate with stakeholders, business analysts, and quality assurance in the testing of new software programs and applications.
• Provide technical leadership to team members and programmers working on development projects.
• Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional policies, procedures, quality assurance and secure coding best practices.
• Ensure data access and updates are correct, efficient, and scalable.
• Monitor software performance on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
• Direct management and supervision over internal and contract software developers. Directs, coaches, and evaluates job performance for supervised employees.
• Interview and selects candidates for supervised positions.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelors’ degree in a related field plus a minimum of 5 years leading information systems teams. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Experience with system modernization, IT service management, and change management is desired.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to speak at both user and technical levels, able to translate complex technical subjects into meaningful/relevant terms for the business, able to reliably convey information.
• Effective interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and learning skills.
• Ability to resolve conflict and manage customer expectations.
• Effective priority and task management skills.
• Outstanding work ethic and a commitment to excellence. High level of commitment, full ownership of processes and ability to overcome obstacles independently.
• Ability to work occasional non-typical work hours during systems maintenance windows as needed or during mission critical events.
Working conditions: Works in office environment and occasionally travels for special events and
conventions out of state. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some lifting is required. This would require the ability to lift computers and other IT equipment, as necessary.
Regularly required to sit, talk, hear, walk, and stand. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PRCA is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. The company prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.