Website Pro Rodeo Cowboy Association
Job Title: Business Development Manager Supervisor: VP of Business Development
Company: PRCA Properties Department: Sponsorships
FLSA Status: Exempt Date: 07/18/2022
Annual Salary Range : $47K to $52K
Full-time, onsite position
Generates revenue growth by conceptualizing, executing, and driving broadcast, sponsorship, and digital media sales. Seeks out and provides opportunities to connect advertiser’s goals to PRCA live rodeo broadcasts and digital products. Works with the sales team in Business Development to specifically target regional sponsorships, digital media, and print sales.
• Responsible for selling advertising and sponsorships, for both new and renewal contracts.
• Develops quotes and proposals for prospective clients
• Drives revenue growth for the company and works at a partnership/consultative level as an expert in advertising with account executives, agencies, and advertisers.
• Works with VP of Business Development to research, plan, and implement new target market initiatives
• Leverages PRCA’s live event platform to sell sponsorship and sales programs to new and existing clients.
• Creates select sponsor-related packages and manages new business lead-generating projects.
• Develops scalable customized ideas for brands across multiple platforms such as on-site activation, video, digital, mobile, social, and experiential.
• Generates advertising and sponsorship revenue for sales plans which are scalable for regional, national, and international programs.
• Sells advertisements for the ProRodeo Sports News (PSN) and Contract Personal Directory
• Sells integrated partnerships for PRCA sanctioned and owned events via digital, branded content, promotions, on-site event activation and consumer engagement for ProRodeo.com and the PSN.
• Propose and plan sponsor activations and other sponsor-related events. Works with current and prospective sponsors to develop new plans for activation year-round, as well as during all events.
• Provides support and development of complex-targeting media and sponsorship plans to address clients’ strategic objectives and meet the company’s needs.
Create strong business relationships and develop a sense of team with the Vice President of Business Development to assist with targeting, building, negotiating, and closing deals.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or related field and a minimum of 3- years related media or sponsorship sales experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Experience with demographic and sponsorship analytic tools (Nielsen, Sponsor United, MVP Index, etc.).
• Experience with rodeo or other sports related field preferred.
• Knowledge and understanding of media ratings, values, CPM, SEO, demographic indexing, audience targeting and other broadcast and digital sales tools.
• Strong customer service and sales skills for generating leads.
• Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong interpersonal skills for building meaningful relationships with new and existing clients.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
• Strong decision-making skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial documents. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to maintain technical skills and knowledge of industry.
• Ability to travel and work occasional non-traditional days and hours.
Works in an office environment and occasionally travels for sponsor meetings and conventions out of state.
Employees in this position are regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear in person and by telephone, use hands to finger, handle, feel, operate standard office equipment, and reach with hands and arms. Employees are occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PRCA is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. The company prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.