Website Colorado Department of Corrections
As of Monday, February 7, 2022, CDOC has changed the minimum age requirement for Correctional Officer I applicants, to Age 18, statewide!! Here are a few highlights of this fantastic career opportunity:
· Number of available Correctional Officer positions state-wide: Over 300
· Starting Salary: $4,241/month PLUS 7-10% PAID shift differentials for every hour worked (Swing & Graveyard shifts)
· Overtime accruals for over 40 hours worked
· PAID four-week Basic Training courses included
· Comprehensive Benefits Package including:
o Employer-contributed Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance
o Employer-contributed Retirement plan (PERA), & 401K Plans
o Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick Leave, 10 State Holidays)
· Excellent Opportunities for Career Advancements
· College Tuition Reimbursement Plan
· Intra-state transfers available within 10 cities where we operate
· Rock-solid job security
· No experience necessary, we will train Correctional Officer staff
· Law enforcement brotherhood and camaraderie starting on day one
· We award Veterans preference points
· Must be age 18 with a High School Diploma or G.E.D. at time of application
· We operate 19 correctional facilities within 10 Colorado cities:
o Crowley – Buena Vista – Canon City – Delta – Denver – Limon – Pueblo – Rifle – Sterling – Trinidad
· Full Vaccinations will be confirmed prior to employment. This is a condition of employment unless there is a verifiable medical or religious exemption presented.
Please follow this link to learn more about our Correctional Officer I opportunities in your area.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.