About Us: Caliola is a woman-owned small business that is improving and protecting our Nation’s way of life through secure communications. This is an opportunity to join a dedicated, rapidly growing, and inclusive team. Our mission is to provide technical solutions and services for secure and resilient communications. Our core values are:
I3 for C3 – Insight, Innovation, and Integrity for Command, Control, and Communications
Caliola offers a flexible, collaborative, and open culture that is unusual in the defense industry. We offer generous benefits, including subsidized health insurance and 401(k) matching, and a scalable, competitive pay structure.
Joining Caliola will give you the opportunity to learn from experienced technical leaders in the field, as well as defense domain experts with decades of knowledge and broad access. Our success depends on not just knowing how to solve today’s problems, but also on anticipating the problems that our customers will need solved tomorrow.
Position Description: Caliola’s Software Defined Radio (SDR) Engineers support the development of novel wireless communications technologies and products by applying a combination of RF and mixed-signal capabilities and digital signal processing. They also support the design, development, and implementation of embedded software for wireless communications technologies and products. SDR Engineers work independently or under supervision across multiple projects within multiple business areas.
• Design, develop, and prototype innovative new technologies to implement software defined radio systems and test novel algorithms in GNU Radio.
• Develop software and firmware source code in C/C++, Embedded C, and other languages to support Caliola’s products and prototypes.
• Design, implement, and maintain the test harness used to support wireless communications product and prototype development.
• Develop plans for SDR operational testing to demonstrate performance in communication and networking systems.
• Optimize and refine SDR algorithms and implementations to meet evolving operational needs.
• Work with Systems Engineers to define requirements for realizing new signal processing algorithms.
What We Require:
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
• Experience developing radio systems from functional and simulation models.
• Experience developing communication system components for SDR frameworks like GNU Radio.
• Experience with standard RF lab equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc.).
• Experience integrating SDR components with external systems and software.
• This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. Government. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Software Defined Radio (SDR) Engineer
What We Value:
• MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
• Fluency in Python and/or C++.
• Solid foundational knowledge of, and experience with OSI layers of communication or networking systems.
• Knowledgeable of version control software (e.g., GIT) and unit testing experience.
• Experience with network emulation software (e.g., NS3 simulator or similar).
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities at Caliola Engineering. Should a match be identified between your skillset and Caliola’s requirements for this or a future opening, you may be contacted.
Flexible Work Schedule: This position can be in-person or a remote position at your home office with frequent (at least monthly) reporting requirements to Caliola’s headquarters office in Colorado Springs, CO. The ideal candidate will live along Colorado’s Front Range.
Relocation Available: Yes.
At Caliola, we believe that true innovation can only occur when teammates bring their authentic selves to collaborate in a supportive, encouraging environment. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit Caliola.com.