Bowhead seeks a Military Operations Analyst to support the CoE Space and Missile Defense contract in Colorado Springs, CO. This contract provides senior Instructors to United States Army Space and Missile Defense Command, Space and Missile Defense (SMD) Center of Excellence (SMDCoE), US SMD School. SMD School core functions include: 1) Educate, train, and develop leaders for Space and Missile Defense operations; 2) Develop Army Doctrine for Space, High Altitude, and Global Missile Defense; 3) Develop individual and collective training tasks for space and missile defense operations; and 4) Execute the Army Quality Assurance Program to ensure standards are met in the educations, training, and leadership development of Soldiers and Civilians.
• Develop lesson plans, training materials, and course content Conduct training secessions, demonstrations, and develop evaluation criteria
• Provide technical subject matter expertise and knowledge related to Army space operations
• Travel to conduct training as required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• 5+ years of space related military experience as an NCO or Company Grade Officer or a Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience with Ground Based Mid-Course Defense and Missile Defense
• Understanding of Space Fundamentals
• Understanding Army and Joint staffing processes
• Ability to coordinate and engage with external higher Federal and Government Agency
• Experience and understanding of military operations
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Previous instructor-facilitator experience
• Ability to brief higher ranking officials
• Understand the MDMP process
• Knowledge and understanding of the ADDIE model
• Ability to articulate space non-space personnel
• Ability to travel 50% or more
• Current Top-Secret Clearance, SCI eligible
• MOSQ: FA40, Space 200, ASCBC, Space Operations Course, GMD or other relevant space courses
• Graduate of a military instructor training course (ITC/SGITC, FIFC, ABIC, AFBIC, etc.)
• Sensor Manager Qualification Course (SMQC), or Sensor Leadership Development Course (SMLDC)
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold Top Secret/SCI clearance.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
• Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
To apply for this job please visit bowheadcareers-uicalaska.icims.com.