It’s important to us that you are connected to a position that utilizes your experience and skill set and in turn provides you the best opportunity to serve. The areas of opportunity are as follows:
- Customer Service (Greet and Connect) Receptionist: Welcomes military members to our world class customer service in the “Greet and Connect”. Duties include: greet our guests, answer questions and phone calls, data entry for intake forms, provide resources and schedule appointments.
- Veterans & Family Resources Department: Assists the Generalist Navigator with non-clinical case management; intakes, resourcing to community services, filling out community resources applications, research, data entry and provide social services support and resourcing.
- Transition & Employment Department: Assists the Peer Navigation Team with follow-up calls to clientele, data entry, mock interviews, job search, networking events, recruiting, and awareness.
- Staff Support: There are opportunities to assist Mt. Carmel staff with their work load. We can discuss the opportunities and what you feel most comfortable in supporting.
- Event Coordinators: There are a number of ways to assist with events both at Mt. Carmel as well as events the Mt. Carmel team attends within the community. Planning events, parking attendants, setup/tear down, meet & greet, and provide representation at resource fair and other events (weekend & evening volunteering opportunities are available).
Getting Started as a Volunteer
Complete and submit the following forms:
- Volunteer Application Form
- Volunteer Recommendation Form (To be filled out by a referrer)
- Click on the Sterling Volunteers link to complete and submit the required background check. The cost to the volunteer is $20.
Once the application and background check are complete, you will be contacted to come in and meet with the Volunteer Manager. We will discuss your goals for volunteering and find the perfect assignment for you. After acceptance into our Volunteer Program, you will fill out paperwork and begin training, specific for your area of volunteerism.
The Volunteer Program reserves the right to decline any application and terminate program involvement at any time. If you have any questions about the application process, please feel free to contact us at:
Mt. Carmel Veterans Service Center
530 Communication Circle
Colorado Springs, CO 80905